Re: Good comments, Rob

Gregory D. Welker (gwelker@erols.com)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:43:42 -0400 (EDT)

>Muskraattt@aol.com wrote:
>
>> So my advice to Bernie would be... Skipper, know thyself.. thaen know thy
>> boat.

Sometimes it's worth the money to take some sailing lessons. My girlfriend
and I had learned to sail from sailing kayaks, and from reading books.
However, we felt it prudent to take a Power Squadron Safe Boating class
(well worth the $20 or so per person - if only for the book), and also to
buy the time of a local sailing instructor for an afternoon on the boat.
That 4 hours of on-water hands-on drilling with our boat with the instructor
went very far in providing peace of mind as to what the boat, and we, could
handle.

Greg Welker

Current Designs Pisces
CLC Cape Charles Modified
West Wight Potter P-19 #448

"Good seamanship is using superior judgement to prevent the need to use
superior skills."