Re: Jib Sails

John Marotzke (jmarotz@earthlink.net)
Sun, 04 Jul 1999 11:09:49 -0400

Been wondering the same about different kind of jibs. A friend of mine
has a old jib for a Wayfarer that I can have. Just haven't had time to
pick up it up yet. Don't know the sizes, but do know it is 42 sq. '. I
owned 2 Wayfarer''s in the past, great boats. But a lot of sail to
handle for one man. 98 sq. foot in the main, 42 sq.' in the jib, all on
a 16 footer. Didn't know about reefing in those day. In fact the
sailing industry is hurting them selves by not making reefing gear and
how to use it mandatory on every boat they sell.

John Marotzke
P-15 "Hooray"
Ortonville, MI