Re: Wheel Bearings

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:54:50 -0500

Dear Stephen,
Check with IM they sell the automatic bearing greasers for our trailers and
they work very well. Your trailer may have come equipped with them.
Generally they come with a black rubber cover on the hubs which you remove
and underneath the cover is a zirk type of grease gun fitting. You attach
a grease gun to, filling so that the spring pressure in the grease buddy
system constantly supplies the grease pressure into the bearings. The
positve grease pressure tends to keep dirt and water out, which would cause
rust and wear to the bearings. This is a simple and useful maintenance
anyone can do.
Ted-Milwaukee WWPotter19 "Sea Breeze"