Re: Extinguishers, water systems etc.

J.J.Falkanger (gatorjj@mindspring.com)
14 Jul 1999 11:44:35 -0700

On Wed, 14 July 1999, Eric Zilbert wrote:

> 3. When I enquired to a local loft about asym. spinnakers I was told it
> would have to be jibed, had an adjustable tack, and could be used with a
> pole. Was told I could use the existing jib halyard. I have not purchased
> this sail yet, and I am now concerned as to whether a fractional rig for
> this is the right thing. Does anyone have an asym. spinnaker that they
> run with the existing jib sheet?

Eric, I look forward to hearing the Catalina story!

On the subject of Asym spinnakers, the loft that recently did mine had 2 ways to go: existing jib hardware on the fractional rig, or run off a block at the top (that would need to be gybed). I went with the big one, and mounted a block at the top for it. I figure, if you're gonna go, go all out! Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but it sure looks neat (and at 238 sq. ft it ought to catch any measly wind out there).

J.J. Falkanger
Cary, NC
P-19# 792 "Fozzguppy"
It's time for E*TRADE (SM)