Re: Dodger question

GSTahoe@aol.com
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:36:51 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/99 3:26:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, gollerj@home.com
writes:

> This may be a silly question, but what is the difference between a
> dodger and a bimini, and when is each preferred?

Jeff,

In some cases you may want both. A dodger is a "windshield" and cover. If
you look in sailing mags you'll see lots of ads for them. Some are hard
dodgers, not canvas. They will protect the cockpit occupants from wind and
spray as well as sun, but do not normally cover the entire cockpit.

A bimini is a sunshade. It is like a convertible top that covers most of the
cockpit. It is also handy in a rain.

There is a section on custom canvas in our web page at

www.lesbois.com/wwpotter/photos/BoatTents/Boat_tent.htm

that will completely clear up the confusion. It will also make you drool to
see what spending a ton of money on your Potter can do.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV