Re: cushions and sleeping comfort

Gregory D. Welker (gwelker@erols.com)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:40:13 -0400 (EDT)

When we first got our potter we decided to store the cushions at home and
just use thermorests in the v berth where we sleep. We find them less
susceptible to getting wet or moldy, and it increases the headroom of the v
berth significantly.

At 05:42 AM 8/13/99 -0700, leander@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>I travel a lot with work, invariably finding hotel mattresses to be almost
as comfortable as stone, so have adopted an old camping trick. I always
bring along a Thermarest pad (tried other cheaper brands, but they are just
not as comfortable), throw it atop the bottom bedsheet, and inflate it to
whatever level feels best that night. Since using the Thermarest, every
night is comfortable, no matter the bed.

>This approach should also work on a boat. Even if you don't want it as a
permanent solution, it would make sleeping comfortable until you can get
cushions more to your liking. (At which point you can relegate the
Thermarest to use as a spare, easily-stowed, extra mattress.)

>Regards,
>Leander
>leander@worldnet.att.net

Greg Welker

Current Designs Pisces
CLC Cape Charles Modified
West Wight Potter P-19 #448

"Good seamanship is using superior judgement to prevent the need to use
superior skills."