Re: long distance cruising

GSTahoe@aol.com
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 01:13:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/99 6:15:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
slithytove@earthlink.net writes:

> It was only last week that I was fantasizing about sailing to
> Hawaii.................not now!
>

> Bernie Johnson.

Bernie,

Many people have made many mistakes. If you give up your goals because of
somebody else's misfortune, you may avoid the same, but you will also avoid
the experience. Without risk you cannot live.

There's an old adage that goes, "I've never heard a man say from his
deathbed, 'I wish I'd spent more time in the office.'"

Everybody's life will have storms. Every one of us can have idyllic days in
moonlit bays. If you let the storms scare you, you will never feel the peace
that comes with knowing you've done all you can do for yourself and others.

If it's your dream to sail to Hawaii, do it. Set a date. Make a plan. Do
it. Don't make excuses. You'll be sorry if you do.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV