Re: Leaking P19 keel trunks -- a diagnostic approach.

SolarFry@aol.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:46:54 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/99 10:02:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
oldbandito@citlink.net writes:

<< > You might notice that water squirts up front of trunk and rarely up back
end
> of it. This may have something to do with that square front part of keel.
> Rather than flowing around it water gets pushed up and over that part.
> Methinks?
>
> Has anyone rounded out that square front keel section?

Mine is rounded, and leaks without the gasket, but ONLY in a
really severe chop. >>

I only get a squirt when keel is not fully down and centered on its spot.
The IM gasket seems to work well as long as I kick the keel into position so
it is centered on top and not off to front or back of trunk. It seems to
prefer settling to rear of trunk and I must kick or push it fwd with foot.
When I don't tie it down it wobbles back and forth...

Best
Solar Fry
member Florida Potter Club on the internet
West Wight Potter 19 # 1028, "Elusive Margin"
Sovereign 13 # 12393, "Solar Fry"
Sunbird 201 # 2W0040, "Volatility Premium"
Pompano Beach, FL
Hillsboro Inlet Weather: Temp 98 F
Partly Cloudy, wind E 0 - 1 MPH, Seas 1 - 4'
e-mail -> solarfry@aol.com