Re: recent ad

Lars S. Mulford (mulford@bellatlantic.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:55:58 -0400

Kent Crispin wrote:

> The following ad appeared today:
>
> 1981 Potter 15 for sale. Owner recently expelled from Potter cult.
> Garage stored all years but two. Covered storage one year, at dock
> the other. Not used for 5 years by previous owner. Yellow hull
> with white sails- jib and main. Tohatsu 2 hp motor, new cockpit
> cushions, boom vang, topping lift, both downhauls, new trailer
> spare, galvanized trailer, new lines, fenders, heavy duty winch,
> life jackets, wind pointer, fire extinguisher, keel recently
> degaussed. All for $2500 firm price.
>
> Jim Nolan
>
> That makes me feel really sad.
>
> Kent

Kent:

The sad thing is the fact that folks will question the seriousness and
validity of the ad. Did Jim cry wolf one too many times with some of the
folks on the list?

In all seriousness, if he is selling the boat because of the recent flap,
how much did he really like the boat to begin with? To me, it seems just
too extreme and silly to sell a boat because of something like that... I
mean, c'mon!

Good heavens, I'm a guy who wears my emotions on my sleeves (just ask
some of the old timers here on the list) and if I acted like this every
time my feelings were stepped on, I'd be out of sailing entirely by
now.

--
"Sea" ya!

--Lars S. Mulford, President East Coast Potter Association (ECPA) Come visit us at http://members.tripod.com/~SpeedSailor s/v Always P15 #2125, lateen rig, sailing greater Chesapeake region "Forgive, and live. Life is worth the challenge of living." --LSSM "Love is good; Love hurts; Love sustains; Love remains." --LSSM