Re: Small Craft Advisory

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:05:02 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/99 10:51:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Anchor907@aol.com writes:

> Hello,
>
> Just a note that Small Craft Advisory is planning to arrange a series of
> "unofficial" races for future issues. We intend to pit the Montgomery 17
> against the Potter 19 for a second issue feature.
>
> We'd like to race 'em soon, and would like to do it in the Santa Barbara/
> Ventura area. More than a race, the article would focus on the relative
> strengths and weaknesses of each boat. At present we are looking for
anyone
> that might want to participate as one of the feature boats. If you're
> interested, please let us know.

Further thoughts on the idea:

San Francisco Bay is a good challenging ground for two mini-cruisers that are
both highly regarded for their seaworthyness. Racing in light winter wind in
Santa Barabara won't do either of them justice!

How about expanding the field to include Compacs too?!? Now that would be an
interesting comparison!!

Judy B