RE: Going to the Foredeck on a P-15 - Safely

Stallings Mike (Stallings_Mike@prc.com)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:42:30 -0400

Geoff,

I bet I'm not the only one who enjoys strong opinions, especially contrary
ones, and wish I could start a flame war with you. Unfortunately, I agree
with everything you've said!

Except .... I think the boat is a little more stable than you make it seem.
It all depends on how much you weigh and the conditions. If you weigh less
than 160 lbs, like me, then it is very possible to stand all over and run
all around the boat, even outside the stays (quickly!). Just make sure
you've previously practiced flipping at the dock so you'll know how far is
too far.

I especially agree with your "dingy with a cabin" comment, which is why I
love it so...

Mike Stallings
85 P15 #1589, Norfolk VA
Bic Astro Rock, Electric Rock