Re: P-19 keel 'lock'

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:31:14 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/99 2:14:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
quahog@access1.net writes:

> There should be a hole, aligned with the hole in the keel (in the down
> position), on
> each side of the trunk. Some one may have cosmetically filled it in. Probe
> around
> for it with a pin from the outside of the trunk, or with a bent paperclip
or
> fine,
> stiff, wire from the inside. {You may have to 'pull' the trunk away from
the
> keel a
> bit; use a WOOD wedge}

You may be able to find it by waiting for nighttime, shining a very bright
halogen shop light up from underneath the keel on the outside of the boat.
You may be able to see a translucency where the hole used to be. That's how
I found mine after I inadvertantly glassed over it.

Judy B