Re: 1st time P19 riggin (was)Re: Pottering Tips

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 14:59:29 -0700

On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 02:33:41PM -0600, Kellan Hatch wrote:
> Gretchen,
>
> A website would certainly eliminate the whole duplication/distribution
> problem. Maybe one of the existing Potter-related web sites would be
> willing to provide web page real estate for it.

I would be delighted to host a good set of pages on rigging a potter
at the potter yachters site, though I'm not so keen on doing video
or audio over the web -- the payoff for the bandwidth expended
doesn't seem high enough to me.

Some of the presentations that people have already uploaded to the
potter yachter web site and elsewhere, are, in my opinion, extremely
good. Judy B's pages on adding genoa tracks are superb, the
instructions for Jerry B's (no relation :-)) backstay kit are on the web,
and make the whole process very clear.

Frankly, I think a couple dozen good photos, with some good
explanatory text, would help tremendously, and would actually be
better than a video -- photos can be studied at leisure. Clear
diagrams are frequently even better than photos, if we have anyone
with artistic talent.

But I would be interested in seeing one of these slide shows,
Gretchen -- if you could point me to your web site, I would
appreciate it...

Judy and I have discussed briefly another project that I think would
be of great value -- a "Frequently Asked Questions" list for
potters. We have a great deal of information floating around on the
various web sites, and it just takes some organized effort to
collect and edit it.

This would be a good project for the coming winter, perhaps. :-)

Kent
p19 855 'peregrine'