Re: Gunter rigging

Rich Duffy (duffy@maui.com)
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:45:50 -1000

Hey Lawrence,

I can empathize. I had to do a huge amount of work on my boat,
including replacing the plywood that stiffens the hull under the v-
berth, plus building or rebuilding all the spars. And for the boom, I
had no model. Fortunately, I got a lot of help from the members of
this group, particularly resident gunter expert Harry Gordon, and Tom
Grimes, who had earlier restored hull #363, the boat that followed my
#362 out of the Potter factory.

In the spirit of the help they gave me, I've made a detailed and
dimensioned drawing of my gunter yard, and taken two very detailed
pictures of the part that you are talking about. It's called the
jaws.

Since I cannot post image files to the mailing list, I will send them
them to you directly, Lawrence. I'm posting this message to the list
as a whole in the event that someone else wants a copy. If anyone
does, just ask.

Where are you and what's your hull number?

Aloha

Rich Duffy
#362 "Manele"
Kula, HI