Re: Oarlocks for a P-15

Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:42:43 -0700

I have considered this option. I used to scull a rowboat and have
sculled a canoe out of curoisity. I have the same issue you mention:
that of finding a good (and cheap ;-) sculling oar. While it can be
done with regular oars, I think the larger blade of a proper
sculling oar would be better.

Any ideas about storing it? Thomas suggested storing it against the
mast. My only problem there is having to drop the oar before I can
drop the sails. Not a good idea, but I like that location for the
oar when not needed. I suppose I COULD indicate my peaceful nature
by lashing it to the top of the mast.... ;-)

Bill B.
P-19 #454, Dream Catcher
Nampa, ID