Re: Oarlocks for a P-15

Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:05:19 -0700

One of the things I had been considering, but discarding, was
two piece oars. I just didn't think they'd be strong enough.
The more I read, the more I think that perhaps after all they
will be strong enough. We have a lot of white-water rafting
around here, and suppliers. I'm going to take a look at the
oars there this afternoon, and if they have two-piece oars,
then I'll know they're strong enough.

I think that I like Bill C.'s suggestion of sculling, as
that's almost as relaxing as rowing is. Plus, it's "different"
and will make me look more exotic if I hafta! ;-)

I think I'm going to go with the webbing and prusik oar locks
on the railing for the first try. I'm not sure yet if I prefer
to row the P-19 sitting or standing.

I hate to say it, but the more I think of it, the more I think
I'll replace the iron sail with the oars. Quieter, more
relaxing, healthier, and more reliable. *G*

Bill B.
P-19 #454, Dream Catcher
Nampa, ID