ASA Classes

From: RL Reno (rlreno@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 08:53:01 PST

Thomas:
Mona & I took the ASA basic keelboat and basic coastal cruising classes
at Tahoe. It was crucial for getting us equally up to speed for making
sailing a shared experience. The courses were excellent, as were both
instructors (Michal Tolda & Steve Ott). My thoughts:
1. For the beginning courses it makes little difference what sort of
body of water you are sailing on.
2. Given a choice I would go for someplace with fairly reliable winds.
Nothing more frustrating than frittering away precious lesson time
bobbing up and down.
3. From what I have seen of the ASA school and instructor training and
standards, most of them should be excellent. But not a bad idea to get
opinions from previous students if possible.
-Ron
HMS 18 #42 Bluebelle