Self Steering

From: Lewis Baumstark (lbaum@preferred.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 10:17:33 PST

I have a self-made tiller tamer that I have the same problem with. I get
the tiller set to steer a straight course, then move around in the cockpit
(to do what ever I need to turn the tiller loose to do) and my weight
shifting causes the boat to change course. I suppose it's the issue that
keeps coming up with the P15, the humans contained in the cockpit are the
main source of ballast; shift that ballast and it effects the trim of the boat.

Lewis Baumstark
P15
Bristol, Tn.

I have been following all of the tiller extension, self steering, and jib