[Fwd: Newsletters, etc..]

From: Lars S. Mulford (mulford@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 15:57:49 PST

West Coasties:

I think Scott means Dory Taylor.

--
"Sea" ya!

--Lars S. Mulford, President East Coast Potter Association (ECPA) Come visit us at http://members.tripod.com/~SpeedSailor s/v Always P15 #2125, lateen rig, sailing greater Chesapeake region "Forgive, and live. Life is worth the challenge of living." --LSSM "Love is good; Love hurts; Love sustains; Love remains." --LSSM

attached mail follows:

At 04:08 PM 1/14/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyway, the newsletter carries with some "intangibles".. There is >something comforting about receiving it through the mail, being able to >read it at your leisure, no matter where you may be... In bed, in the >"facilities, at the table, whatever... You can't do that with your >computer and even a laptop could prove cumbersome in comparision.. (g) >

Another point. I am a member of a club that offered a year before last either online or mailed newsletters. The club had a hard time getting people to pay their membership last year since one could just go to the web and see what was happening. Unfortunately this implies that a large proportion of one's fee is geared towards receiving a tangible newsletter, when in reality it's not. Thanks,

-Scott

PS if you could forward that to the PotterYachter person, I would appreciate it. I deleted her mail.