Re Hatch Potter -19

From: Thos. Westerman (thomasw@vanion.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 22:49:53 PST

>I installed a small hatch on my P-15 six years ago. I only use it for
>ventilation when moored.

I just purchased two 12 inch gasketed hatches which I plan to install high
on the foot wall of the cockpit in the aft section--one on each side
starboard and port. This will provide me access into the quarter berths
for quick access to life vests, etc that would be stored in the day in the
qberths. It could also provide ventilation for qberth sleepers, and
lighting during the day if anyone was diving head first into a quarter
berth for find something deep in the aft section.

ill post pictures if/when i ever get it finished. Although gasketed
hatches, I will cut the holes high so that if the cockpit does get flooded
intentionally or not, I wont have to worry if I can depend on the gaskets...

Thomas Westerman
P19, #578, colorado springs.