Re: Sonic Anti Fouling System

From: SolarFry@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 12:42:08 PST

In a message dated 1/21/00 6:03:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Mike.Schafer@AndersenCorp.com writes:

<< It greatly
 reduces pollution because we aren't bringing any paint and the chemicals
 associated with them into the waters. >>

It only keeps barnacles away.. I have seen it and on the sample boat a grass
beard still grew after 6 months.. But, no barnacles attach. Some people use
both systems. A paint to keep the weeds off and the sonic to keep barnacles
off. Some places the barnacles attach even with bottom paint.

I read somewhere.. Navy yard discovered it when they checked why one hull
plate had not barnacles while rest of ship was completely covered. They
discovered a young seaman kept his stereo going loud 24 hours a day at his
cabin. He must of played hard rock as the bugs did'nt like the music. {:^) I
have a radio with subwoofer going loud 24 hours a day on my P19 in water
since last summer. It evens keeps the seagulls from crapping on it.

SF

SF