Re: Job Application

From: GSTahoe@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 18:54:45 PST

writes:

<< I almost
 feel pulled in different directions sometimes, Maybe Big Sur or the Olympic
 Pennisula are the best solutions huh? >>

There's a Jimmy Buffet song about just that. I can't remember the title or
what CD it's on, but that's just what he sings about. Oh! I just remembered.
 It's a poem that someone else wrote that Jimmy liked it so much he put it
right at the end of his book, "A Pirate Looks at Fifty" Good, fun book. The
poem's called, "The Double Life" by Don Blanding. I'll copy the first verse.
 From then on you have to get the book and read it:

How very simple life would be
If only there where two of me
A Restless Me to drift and roam
A Quiet Me to stay at home.
A Searching One to find his fill
Of varied skies and newfound thrill
While sane and homely things are done
By the domestic Other One.

Right now, I am experiencing all that a man can ask for: Two weeks at the sea
followed by two weeks in the mountains and pines and lakes. I will do this
until I get my first liveaboard. I already know her name, I just haven't
seen the boat yet. I know I will know her the moment I see her. When there's
two of me, neither one let's the other stop long enough to become rooted.
Sometimes I feel like a Portuguese Man O' War. The wind and the currents
will take me wherever. I'm just along for the ride.

I like the line of the title below the boating rag called, "Latitude 38" It
says, "We go where the wind blows."

Have a nice journey!

Geoff

P-15 Lollipop