Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Brent and Laura Wilson (backforty2@lisco.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 02:05:11 PST

Bill and Linda,
        You should read the stories on the Potter Yachter web site. The
basic problem is that with a rudder and motor on the back of a P-15, the
floatation is not enough to float level. A flooded P-15 with a motor will
set with the rear down and bow high. Another problem is that the
floatation is very low in the boat, so stability is decreased flooded. I
plan to add floatation to my P-15 this spring. I will put more floatation
in the stern and I plan to put foam under the foredeck and maybe cabin to
increase righting. Laura, Riggs and I sail in Wisconsin out of Two Rivers
and Door County every summer. We have a great time. :)
                Brent Wilson
                P-15 # 657
                Lockridge, IA