Re: P19 and Subaru

From: Rich Gort (rich@gorts.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 15:19:56 PST

Hi James and welcome.

So much depends on how your car is configured, that an outright answer
"yes" or "no" is pretty hard. Check the manual...see what the
manufacturer says about your engine, transmission, etc. Figure about 2000
lbs for a P19 loaded for a trip, maybe a little over depending on how much
you carry and which trailer you get. Also don't forget to look at both
the gross vechicle weight of the car (add all the stuff you will carry in
it and add about 200 lbs for the trailer hitch weight) and also the
maximum gross combined weight (which would include the car and the
trailer/boat). Most cars can handle 2000 lbs, and unless these "scenic
lakes" are in the mountains, I have a feeling you'll be just fine.

Rich Gort
WWP19 #202 SAYOKO (Oct, 83)
Lake Stevens, WA
Sailing Northern Puget Sound and North Cascades Mountain Lakes