Sail slides and battens

From: Ken Preston (preston@gencc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 07:30:38 PST

The first modification I made to my old-but-new-to me P-15 was to add a
reefing arrangement. Second was sail slides (the bolt rope arrangement
stuck both directions every use). Now she goes up and down nicely, but I'm
not convinced I put them (the slides) in all the right places. In
particular, I have the heel of the "gaff" batten unsupported by sail slides.
With the haliard a little slack the thrust down the batten clearly is
pushing the boltrope forward. Tight haliard takes care of the problem, but
should I have a pair of slides maybe immediately above and below the heel of
the batten?

Dead calm here this weekend, but mighty warm. Breeze Please?

Thanks,
Ken P
P-15 #1063, Bainbridge Is.,WA