Re: Looking for P-19 Characteristics vs Model Year Info

From: Tim Spofford (tims@spof.org)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 19:24:31 PST

At 05:50 PM 02/08/2000 -0600, Paul Snellenberger wrote:

>I'm wanting to buy the best boat for as little money as possible and want
>to be sure to get the better gel coat and keel design. My question is,
>what year did these begin to appear on the 19' Potter? Do you know year
>by year upgrades that would tell me when these enhancements and others
>were added ?

I don't know the answer to Paul's questions but wonder if in fact anybody
has ever tried to put together a year-by-year changes sheet. It sure would
be helpful or, at least, interesting. I'm thinking, by way of comparison,
of the old model year changes lists for pre-74 Beetles. (My family bought
its first Microbus in '58, with several more, plus probably 15 Beetles
between my folks and their five sons.) I've been subscribed to this list
for a couple of years, bought my 1990 P19 a year ago, and have read most of
what's on the various web sites but still find a lot of the history and
development, especially as to the 19s, to be fairly obscure.