Re: centre board cable

From: Rich Gort (rich@gorts.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 18:23:48 PST

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Ted Duke wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Yes, try it with single blocks. You can always adddoubles. My idea
> was to lighten load on line and make raising easier.

One of you engengers please help me. Just how does adding blocks lighten
the load on the line? I can see how it makes raising easier by adding
distance and thereby reducing the force required to move it a given
distance, but overall I would think the work and the load on the line
would be the same either way, or maybe even more with more blocks, given
that there must be some resistance in each block. Is my thinking screwed
up?

Rich Gort
WWP19 #202 SAYOKO (Oct, 83)
Lake Stevens, WA