Re: MPH Meter and my humminbird platinum

From: Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 21:39:25 PST

Tom:
I've seen your setup on the transom and I've wondered how well it works. On
my P-19 I had suction cupped the sonar transducer on the transom, about 2"
(.0988 knot-seconds) below the hull. I got alot of bad readings with it and
I concluded that it was lifting out of the water. Whenever I went to the
stern to look of course everything was under water. I was always under the
impression to sail the P-19 fast the stern should be up out of the water
(weight forward). If this is so, isn't it incorrect to put the speedometer
and sonar transducer back there?

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 Panache