Re: Bearing Buddies, bearing seals and grease!

From: SolarFry@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 06:31:02 PST

you got it!

Like I said befo..

Too much grease inside bearing buddies does not allow for any expansion of
hot grease and forces either buddies to fall off on road or inner seal to
come off hub. Too much grease puts outside pressure on buddies helping them
come off. Of course when the inner seal slides off you can't see it so you
assume it's still attached. It isn't and allows water into inner bearings.

Resist the urge to do one better and force too much grease into bearing
buddies.
The zerk fitting plate should not be all the way out against the stops! If it
is your buddies will pop off on the road.

BEst
SF

In a message dated 2/15/00 7:16:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,