International Marine!

From: Duncan Young (dyoung@netpipe.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:45:58 PST

I want everyone to know how happy we are that we bought a new Potter 15 from
International Marine! I left Monday night about midnight and drove down to
Reseda to Eckharts Trailer Hitch and Welding. I was there by 6:30 so I
parked in front of the gate and waited. They don't open until 8:00 so I
boned up on my Coast Guard Seamanship Course while I waited. Brian showed
up before 8:00, opened up and told me to drive in, they knew I was due in.
Before 8:00 he was measuring and laying out the hitch. They fabricated the
hitch, painted it and installed it after checking with Glenn at IM on the
correct hitch height. They also install and hooked up the electrical which
was tricky because my VW Vanagen has separate brake and turn signals and
they have to be combined into one on the trailer.

Over the hill I went (Sepuveda Pass to you Southern Californians) in rush
hour traffic. Got to International Marine and Glenn was waiting for me. I
backed into their driveway and went inside to do the necessary paperwork and
by the time we came out his guys were ready to hook up the boat and trailer
to my new trailer hitch. We went over the inventory, got a new outboard
kicker (Nissan 3.5hp), checked the lights which all worked perfectly and I
was back on the road by 10:15 after Glenn snapped the pictures you saw on
IM's pages of new owners. What service!

With all the rain we've been having (it's a lot for California, not much for
other parts of the country) there's more water on top of the boat than under
it but that will change very soon!

I've never been more pleased to deal with a company than I have been with
International Marine and Eckharts too. Glenn said he and his brother have
had several hitches from Eckharts and have always been pleased with the
results.

I got home just after 7:00 pm Tuesday so it was a marathon day for driving.
Just the excitement of the new Potter following up 101 was all that kept me
going!

Thanks again to Glenn and International Marine.