FIVE MONTHS OF POTTERING

From: Ray Boivin (BOIVINRA@ene.gov.on.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 05:32:29 PST

Greetings All:

Well it is finally happening. In just over a month, my family and I will be taking our P-19 to Florida and then will work our way back north (by boat and truck) with the goal of being back in Kenora by August 31. Our itinerary so far includes:

Florida Keys
Everglades National Park
Chesapeake Bay
Lake Champlain (We hope to return to Canada by water)
Lac Megantic
Montreal to Ottawa to Kingston to Montreal (St. Lawrence River, Ottawa River, Rideau Canal, St. Lawrence River)
Trent Severn Waterway
Lake Nipissing
North Channel
Lake Superior

I know that I only have five months and that the proposed itinerary is ambitious. The only thing that I know for sure is that we will be in Florida and then plan to visit the Chesapeake area.

I am very interested in hearing people's opinions about the itinerary and receiving advice regarding great marinas and day sail locations, particularly in the south of Florida and the Chesapeake (I don't have a clue about where to go in the Chesapeake Bay area but I'm intrigued about the variety of sailing that the Bay seems to possess).

Also, if anyone is interested in meeting, please let me know how I can contact you by telephone and I will call when we are in the area.

April 1 we leave Kenora hoping to be in Florida, at my Aunt's house in Cocoa Beach, by April 6. One week later we plan to launch our boat somewhere in the Florida Keys. We will probably sit at the dock for a few days while I try to overcome my fears regarding a new (and big) body of water. Then it will be fun, fun, fun (hopefully).

Any advice or help will be appreciated.

Ray
P-19 #953 "Water Wings"
Lake of the Woods