lifting a boat

From: denis4x4@frontier.net
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 07:34:13 PDT

Both of my potters were equipped with provisions for a three-point lifting
bridle for hoist lanuching. The large hole on the bow plate is used along
with a couple of chain plates mounted on each side at a 30 degree angle with
three bolts inline with the center post on the cockpit rails. I can lift
the boat using the bucket on my tractor high enough to r&r the keel. The
trailer under my first potter never got wet as I had access to several
hoists. You can drop a fully rigged potter into the water using a hoist in
less than a minute. Retrival is just as simple. There's no reason why a
chain fall wouldn't work at home using this arrangment. Also, having the
ability to lift the boat off the trailer will make trailer repairs and
maintainence a snap.

Perhaps some one can post photos/drawings of this setup along with the specs
for the bridal. If anyone is interested, I can post a drawing as a eudura
attachment
Dennis Pierce
Cadence Therapeutic Riding
www.creativelinks.com/cadence
e-mail: cadence@creativelinks.com
"WHEN YOU RIDE A HORSE, YOU BORROW FREEDOM"