Trailer extensions and launch tips.

From: Duncan Young (dyoung@netpipe.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 09:58:34 PDT

Thanks to all the many who responded! I knew it wasn't original, had the
trailer extension on my old 19' British Alacrity with twin keels. Specs said
lead ballast but that lead rusted right through the twin keels and turned
out to be iron punchings! Dumped boat and trailer and now it seems maybe I
should have salvaged the trailer!

Garges Trailers said yesterday that they used .250 wall tubing but it really
measures .120 wall. One of the reasons I bought the Potter because they show
a VW Rabbit launching with a tilting trailer. Assumptions are often wrong as
was this one. No tilt, no extension except for about $350 for a mod from
Garges. I think not! Yankee ingenuity will prevail and I'll use some or all
the suggestions I received to fix the problem.

dyoung@netpipe.com, P-15 #2421, "Weigh-2-Go"