Re: Bow Bouyancy w/ styrofoam

From: SVsukoshi@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 19:26:21 PDT

writes:

<< Another approach to bow buoyancy -- 1" styrofoam secured on top of the
 cabin floor/bunks would provide about 100 lbs of floatation. >>

This, unfortunately reduces the already minimal headroom in the cabin. It
might also be difficult to affix and expect it to stay that way when needed
most. Pool noodles under the bunks makes more sense. It's flexible enough
to install and unlikely to 'float away' if ever pressed into service. I may
try it along with the blue styrofoam under the cockpit floor & seats. I'm
too chicken to try the 'pour in place' stuff as someone else suggested. I'd
probably mummify myself inside the hull or at a minimum get it all over
everything. Even if successful, I'd hate to have to remove it for another
repair/modification as the original stuff wasn't fun to get out.

Bill de Ment P-15 #1044 'Sukoshi'
Eagle, Idaho