Re: [WWP] Near Capsize on P15

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 17:20:57 PDT

P.S. to the previous note... I really recommend very highly trying
out reefing, heaving to, etc. on several light air days, and several
times... then
when you have to do it under extreme pressure it will be very much
easier to manage.. and you will be much better able to see what is
going on, and it will not be nearly so scary! (from one who has
scared himself on numerous occasions!)
Bruce

carl huber wrote:

> Thanks Bruce! Some books I have read say to sheet the main in closely
> before beginning to tack to heave to. Which is what I did during my
> exciting venture. Your note says to let the main sheet loose. Confuses
> me a bit. Which works better?
> Regards,
> Carl Huber, P15 #1313, "Stressless"

> You can win $1000!
> Just one of 1000 great reasons to visit eGroups!
> Click here:
>
> Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
> Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

Win $1000 at eGroups!