Re: [WWP] ventilation

From: cchung@uh.edu
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 07:29:57 PDT

I installed a 10x10 inch Bomar nylon hatch in the foredeck of my 15. It is
the largest size that would fit without major carpentry. The flexible nylon
allows the hatch base to conform slightly to the curvature of the foredeck.

Because the hatch is so small, you need additional ventilation. I use a
Caframo suction cup base fan that sucks in the air from the outside.

I also use netting to keep the mosquitos out.

Christopher A. Chung, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
University of Houston
Dept. of Industrial Engineering
4800 Calhoun St., E213-D3
Houston, TX 77204-4812
tel. (713) 743-4195
fax. (713) 743-4190
cchung@uh.edu

Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off for the
first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an
additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.