Re: [WWP] Cleaning Rub Rail

From: Tim Spofford (tims@spof.org)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 06:07:15 PDT

At 07:10 AM 04/23/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I know this has been a topic of discussion on here before, but I still am
>having problems cleaning the Rub Rails on out Potter 15. Anyone have a
>"foolproof" method?

Go to your local hardware store and by a can of Acetone. Use a damp sponge or rag (with gloves) to wipe on, wipe off. This is the method recommended in the documentation that came with my 1990 P19 and it works very well.

One cautionary note: it has been suggested that using Acetone can "dry out" or "pit" some rub rails, depending on the material used and which generation boat it is. Although this has not been my experience, it may have been others' or it may be purely theoretical.

Your high school sweetheart-where is he now? With 4.4 million alumni
already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at: