Re: [WWP] Boomkicker on a Potter 19 - Color coordinated sailing outfit

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 15:51:41 PDT

I like the Yuppie Gear description better than mine, but the
"Boomkicker" solid vang is a gadget consisting of flexible
fibreglas rods that work with your conventional vang, and
support the boom, so you can do without a topping lift..
pictures on their website.. Seaoladair.com..
It is quite simple and looks like it might be quite effective
on a small sailboat... comes in different sizes for different
sized boats.. the smallest one looks like it would work quite
well on a small trailerable boat..
Bruce
Bruce Hood, P-15 "Aillte" Sail no. 1246

solarfry@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/1/00 11:19:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> bblohm@boi.hp.com writes:
>
> << What the heck is a boomkicker? >>
>
> I believe it is a color coordinated Yuppie outfit with bright yellow rubber
> shoes used for sailing. When tacking the shoes are used to kick the boom over
> to the other side.
>
> <G>
>
> SF

> *--- FREE VOICEMAIL FOR YOUR HOME PHONE! ---*
> With eVoice Now you can keep in touch with clients, vendors, co-workers,
> friends and family ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Sign Up Today for your FREE!
>
> Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
> Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.