[WWP] Being a beginner, and mistakes...

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 11:01:45 PDT

Time for confession... I think I am always going to be a
beginner in our P-15.... Gee.. All the docks crashed into,
sheets flying out of cleats, (because of forgetting to tie stopper
knots,!) tip-overs, falling overboards, groundings in shallows,
sudden realizations that the centerboard is still up, etc... and
I'm sure lots of such things coming in the future to learn from.
and lots of times of being "Chicken" too... I've trailered the
boat a long way on several occasions, parked at the launch ramp
and looked at a bay seething with sharp waves and whitecaps, and
never launched the boat, saying to myself "I'm not going out in THAT
today!" Fortunately it just keeps getting better and better, but the
human component is always there, so it sure helps to have a sense of
humor, and to keep the realization that lots of mistakes will be made,
and at the same time a lot of great lessons about sailing and life in
general will be learned.... and needless to say, great days full of fun
will be there too!

SHOPPING for DEALS? The merchants at BuyItOnline.com are offering up
to 30% OFF great gear, wear, gadgets and more, now through April 15,
2000. Real stores. Real Deals. Real Easy. Go get something great!