Re: [WWP] This is (apparently) no drill

From: Robert Skinner (Robert@140.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 08:58:19 PDT

solarfry@aol.com wrote:
I don't believe in electronic viruses only biological ones.
Electronic ones are usually only warnings followed by an ad (Symantec,
Norton, McAfee, etc.) for an expensive software that supposedly cures
it. Ain't buying any. Haven't needed any in 20 years.

SF -

A friendly word. Been working with computers since '59. I understand
and agree with your skepticism about some A-V companies. But by all
accounts this virus is as real as HIV, regardless of where it comes
from. Eternal vigilance - oops - backups are the price of liberty -
another oops - computing. Keep your shields (pants) up! Some things
just can't be ignored.

If you are using Netscape 4.7 (the last version before AOL hosed it
up), you probably won't be _as_ vulnerable. But the attachments are
written in visual basic and java, so you may still be vulnerable.

--
Robert Skinner, Rockville, Maryland
'87 Potter 15 HMS #1618 "Little Dipper"

Post: WWPotter@egroups.com Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com