Re: [WWP] DISMASTED !

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@boi.hp.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 13:13:56 PDT

OUCH!

Closest I came is after a nice day sailing, we got the boat back on the
trailer. Admiring the picture of my son-in-law pullng that beautiful
P-19 up the ramp and away to the parking lot for unrigging, I watched
horrified as the mast went into the overhanging tree branches near the
side. A few leaves later the mast came out of the other side with no
damage and my daughter got to avoid becoming a widow at so young an age.

Bill B.
P-19 #454, Dream Catcher
Nampa, ID

Magico1@aol.com wrote:

> After many years of sailing I finally went and did it! I got dismasted.
> Now I would like to tell you a real salty tale of heavy seas and big winds,
> but what really took my mast was a big tree. Saturday morning I was ready to
> launch Sunshine for the Delta Ditch Race, when I didn't notice a big tree
> branch in my way. CRASH ! I knew my weekend was ruined. My forestay snapped,
> along with a large tree branch. I knew my weekend was ruined! But my fellow
> Potter Yachters came to the rescue. Judy found a piece of steel cable, Bruce
> Hood found a thimble, Dave Kautz found a couple of clamps. About twenty
> minutes after I lost my mast I was ready to launch again. I want to thank all
> the Potter Yachters who came to my rescue and saved my day. THANK YOU !
>
> Jerry Barrilleaux HMS 18 # 48 Sunshine

> Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
> Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.