Re: [WWP] P-19 Jib Sheets & Mini-stays

From: Alan Dimson-Doyle (addoyle@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 04:38:25 PDT

Hi Dave,
    Now I know what those mini-stays are for!!! We just picked up Molly Fay
last week from the marina and have her in our yard trying to figure out how
to rig her. I found the mini-stays in a storage bin, attached them to the
mast and to the u-bolts. I thought they were just added protection for the
mast.
    Do you use the mast raising system? I guess I have it but the previous
owner wasn't sure how it worked.
    I am also befuddled by some of the running rigging. On the boom, about
a third of the way aft from the mast there is a block attached to an eye pad
with a length of line running to ......??? On the end of the boom there is
a block, starboard side, attached horizontally which I also am puzzled by.
    There is also a cam cleat on the cabin roof, port side which I haven't
the slightest idea of what it is for.
    If you have any thoughts I would appreciate some help. Thanks,
Alan, P-19, "Molly Fay"
New Englander