Re: [WWP] Junk rig Potter

From: Wm. Longyard (longyard@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 17:08:22 PDT

I have plans for a 14 ft boat very similar to the P15(14).
Anyway, the British naval architecht who drew up the plans I also
hired to draw up plans to rig it as a Chinese junk. I never
built it because, as Harry has already said, too many lines.
After extensive study and consideration I came to the conclusion
that a "balance lug" rig would be much simpler than the junk rig,
and just as effective. (You can batten a lug sail btw.)

Yours,
Bill Longyard
Winston-Salem, NC
Siren 17

"Mclain, Mac" wrote:

> Harry Gordon
> P14 #234, Manatee
> Propelled by gunter rig, lateen rig, electric power, or Seagull
> Mountain View, CA
>
> Harry .
> Have you every tried putting a junk rig on a potter. I just picked up a
> book on junk rigging and was curious as if you have every tried it or know
> or someone who has tried it .
> Mac Mclain
> 3 Kayaks but no little sail boat yet. (Has to be small enough and light
> enough to tow behind my Toyota RV)
> Beaverton ,Or.

> How has eGroups changed your life?
> Share your story with us at:
>
> Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
> Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com