Re: [WWP] Check out my new mast raising system

From: Alan Dimson-Doyle (addoyle@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 05:26:31 PDT

Hi Judy,
    Great set-up!! I noticed that you didn't have your roller furler on the
mast. Which brings me to what has been perplexing me for awhile now. Do you
not use a roller furler head sail? There have been some posts in the past
that have led me to believe you have a CDI but other times that you use
hanked on head sails. My reason for asking is that I am contemplating the
purchase of another headsail. Molly has just the standard jib on a roller
furler. I would like more headsail but cannot decide if I should replace
the standard jib with a genoa (adding rails of course) or should I go back
to using hanked on headsails. Would you please enlighten me as to what you
do? Also, how should I transport the CDI? Do I take the sail off the CDI
when travelling? Sorry for all these rather simplistic questions, just
trying to avoid ruining my sails. Thanks. Alan
Alan, P-19, "Molly Fay"
New Englander

Win $500 at freewarranty.com!
Click Here: