Re: Unidentified subject! - flotation

From: Robert Skinner (robert@140.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 12:48:08 PST

Jim -
You make a strong case for a bilge plug. Combined with bladders or
other flotation low in the cabin (which is/are absent from Little
Dipper at this time), and more than the usual flotation aft (which
Holland Webb did install), it sounds very workable -- specially as
opposed to the fire drill that I envisioned.

One item to be resolved: A lot of flotation low in the cabin would
seem to make it more difficult to right a capsized and flooded P15.
How much flotation would be too much?

Must have been a real thrill, having the mainsheet as such a close
friend. I am not envious.

--
Robert Skinner, Rockville, MD
'87 Potter 15 HMS #1618 "Little Dipper"