New P19 at Washington (DC) Sailing Marina -- U-Bolts

From: Rye Gewalt (ryeg@vais.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:43:14 PST

I had a chance to eyeball the spanking new Potter 19 at the WSM today as
I was down there trying to pay my slip fees early -- it's interesting
what a little warm weather will do for the soul.

The 19 looks to be fully equipped and it looks like International Marine
has done a lot of little things to smooth out any rough spots in the
boat. The cockpit drain looks to be about an inch in diameter. The
boat has winches and tracks as well as a bimini, bow anchor roller,
Garges (sp) trailer and fittings to load fresh water and drain the sink
out the side. I suspect that the boat is about full up as far as
accessories are concerned.

The only item that puzzles me is a pair of rather ugly stainless steel
U-Bolts in the cabin roof about a foot each side of the mast. Anybody
know what they are for?

It looked like the bolt in the tilt mechanism was galvanized.....

I left a note and hope to hear from the owners as have the only other
active 19 at the marina.

Spring is coming, it's coming.....

Rye Gewalt
Springfield VA
HMS18 Short Rig
Potomac R. Near Washington DC

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance.