NEW HATCH SLIDES FOR 15

From: happy life skills foundation (hapilife@efn.org)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 13:49:57 PST

I got really tired of the very sticky aluminum slides on my hatch. I
called IM and they sold me some teak slides.

They are a little longer than the original slides. My 15 is a 1988, one of
the years when apparently things weren't done quite as well at HMS...

I think longer slides will work better. The hatch used to stick out past
the ends of the slides and bang into the mast.

One challenge: the slides ae straight and the coach roof is curved. I
spoke with Bruce at IM and he recommended using a belt sander to shape to
fit. I measured. The gap in the middle is around 3/8"...seems like a lot
to sand off!

Perhaps they can be bent somewhat to conform to the shape...we'll see. As
usual I am thinking a lot about this before I DO anything..

Anyone have any ideas/comments? All are appreciated...
Ken Silverman, poop-15, "Vegan Lorax", Bothell, Washington