[WWP] Potter spotter 2

From: Bill Payne (bpayne@sanynet.ne.jp)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 15:20:17 PDT

I motored the Catch 22 to Tannowa some 15 miles south on Osaka Bay to try
to sell it. Motored down on the 29th and returned on the 5th. In the
marina in Tonnowa I found probably the only Potter 15 in Japan and reported
on a train trip home last week.
New information.
First, I took a digital picture of it, on a trailer, with other dingys. It
is available on request to me at my sanynet address. (I hope)
Second, I left a note for him to contact me if interested.
Third, I learned from published information that the owner paid 'key money'
(a deposit) of 120,000 yen (about $1200) and an annual storage fee of
105,600 yen (abut $1056) for the dingy space.

It would cost me $4,000 in key money and $2100/year for storage fees to put
Catch 22 on dry land - plus another $3000 for the rack and about $12 every
time I put the boat in the water or take it out.
I dropped the price of C-22 from $5000 to $3500 during the week, but there
was no sign of interest because of the mooring fee problem. I have 2
months to sell the boat before my annual mooring fees come due.
Our return passage yesterday was interesting. I had no gps or chart, only
a compass. Visability was about 1/4 mile in haze, fog and overcast. And I
had to guess my bearings. There was no wind and no water traffic as it was
a holiday. We motored the 15+ miles in a little over 4 hours and missed my
breakwater by about 2 miles. Almost 20 liters of fuel.
I'll be back here until about the 20th when I return to Nalu 4 for the
Russian leg of the passage. I'm expecting delivery of a new 35 pound
anchor to replace the one lost on the Hong Kong - Ishikawa leg.
Bill Payne,
Catch 22, Pilgrim

How about a flat, no-fee long distance rate of 6.7¢ per min. -
or less? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you rates which
fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!