Re: P19 trailer and keel winch upgrades

The Costas (uffda@sonic.net)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 07:18:19 -0700

Tom wrote:

>Friends,
>
>I have found two things about our P19 which are often exhausting to do,
>especailly in hot, humid weather. They are winching the boat on the
trailer
>and winching up the keel. I have recently discovered the smart way to get
the
>boat on the trailer (without going to an electric winch) is to upgrade the
>manual winch to a stronger model with a better gear ratio. Mounting a
>stronger and newer one would also greatly lessen any chance of failure when
>am trying to get the boat on the trailer.

All P-19 owners:

If it is getting harder to crank up your keel you need to grab a flashlight
and crawl aft on the starboard quarter berth and check out the two aft
blocks in the keel raising system. Mine self-destroyed in just over a year.
I replaced them with true wire blocks and was amazed at how much easier it
is to get the keel up.

Larry