[Fwd: Speeding up launch]

Ted Duke (tduke@cfw.com)
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:43:35 -0500

Mike Calva wrote:

> My gooseneck doesn't hinge far enough away from the mast track to allow it
> to be raised parallel to the mast. I tried this in a hurry when backing into
> the water I found a tree branch in the way, so I lowered the mast with the
> boom attached. The boom next to the gooseneck hit the mast and pulled the
> gooseneck out of the boom.

Comment: OOPS! Sorry. Maybe a modified gooseneck could be engineered? Humm,
okay engineers, design one for us and find someone who will manufacture them for
us at a price we can't refuse.
Ted

> But I do leave my jib sheets attached ALL the time, just detach from the
> clew of the jib and tie to the bow pulpit, the aft lines stay cleated and in
> the cockpit.

Comment: Might just try that. Could save 5 minutes at least.
Ted

> With the short rig I don't even detach the mast from the tabernacle. I just
> pivot it back onto the mast yoke and tie there.

Question: Doesn't that hang out pretty far and stick up pretty high? I might
look at that next time because it would definitely speedup in-out time!
Ted

> Mike Calva
> "Panacea" P19 #719
>
> <snip>
> >
> >Folding the boom? I meant pulling topping lift until boom is parallel to
> >mast. then tying to mast and lowering mast.

Ted Duke
WWP19 #626